Welcome to Wigginton Parish Council
Wigginton is a large village and civil parish running north-south and perched at 730 ft (220 m) on the edge of the Chiltern Hills and alongside the border with Buckinghamshire.
It is part of Dacorum district in the county of Hertfordshire. Adjacent to the main village is the settlement of Wigginton Bottom where a number of farmworkers cottages were built during the 19th century.
Wigginton Parish Council is the first tier of local government with elected Parish Councillors responsible for the Civil Parish of Wigginton, which consists of approximately 650 households.
NEWS – 30th January 2019
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY?
(and earn some extra pocket money.)
WIGGINTON PARISH COUNCIL HAVE A VACANCY FOR A VILLAGE WARDEN
Key requirements are:
1. Register as a “Street Champion” with Dacorum Borough Council and help the Parish Council encourage as many villagers as possible to become Street Champions.
To register go to:
When you register as a street champion Dacorum will supply you with a kit, which includes a litter picker, gloves, rubbish sacks, hi-vis bib and information you might need to carry out your role.
2. Carry out regular litter picking throughout the village and – as far as possible – the wider Parish, generally at least fortnightly and support Parish Council led litter picks, sign cleaning and pavement clearing events during the year. The Council litter picks are generally held in the spring and autumn.
3. Report to Dacorum problems such as fly-tipping or excessive littering and dog fouling. When you register Dacorum will tell you how to report these. Report unusual matters also to email@example.com
4. Hours of work are on average 9 hours per month and the hourly rate is currently £7.80 per hour, paid as self-employed.
The council will consider 2 or more people sharing the role.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS – 9th January 2019
RENTAL PROPERTY AVAILABLE IN WIGGINTON
A rented property has recently become available at Mary Cross Close in Wigginton via the English Rural Housing Association who are the social landlords for the affordable properties at Mary Cross Close.
To download details of the property click on the button below.
NEWS – 27th September 2018
VACANCY FOR VILLAGE LITTER WARDEN
The aim of the role is to keep the parish clean and tidy. The key tasks are:
1. Register as a Street Champion with Dacorum Borough Council and help the Parish Council encourage as many villagers as possible to become Street Champions. For details go to: https://www.dacorum.gov.uk/home%5Ccommunity-living/neighbourhood-action/street-champions
2. Carry out regular litter picking throughout the village and (as far as possible) the wider Parish – generally at least fortnightly – and support any Councillor led litter pick, sign cleaning and pavement clearing events during the year. When you register as a street champion Dacorum will supply you with a kit, which includes a litter picker, gloves, rubbish sacks, note book, hi-vis bib, information folder, plus any additional equipment you might need to carry out your role.
3. Report problems – when you register Dacorum will provide you with all the information you need to report issues such as dog fouling, fly-tipping and litter.
4. Hours of work are on average 9 hours per month and the hourly rate is currently £8.52 per hour, paid as self-employed.
If you would like to apply please send your details to:
NEWS – 15th August 2018
CONSULTATION ON THE FUTURE OF LUTON AIRPORT
London Luton Airport Ltd (LLAL) have started a consulatation process with regard to the future of Luton Airport and planned expansions of their facilities.
The consultation period will run through to the end of 2019 and details can be found at https://futureluton.llal.org.uk/
NEWS – 31st March 2018
ON-LINE DIRECTORY IS NOW AVAILABLE
There is a great range of local businesses, groups and clubs within the parish and the new on-line local directory is designed to let you know how to get in touch and take advantage of them whether you are looking to join the WI, fancy borrowing a book from the Bookswap or a local plumber.
Wigginton Parish Council is currently made up of 7 councillors and a clerk.
David Wilde is our Chairperson, each of the other councillors has an area of responsibility that they hold the brief for.
Village Hall Liaison
To contact Wigginton Parish Council, please fill in the contact form below or email: email@example.com
Wigginton Parish Council meets once a month throughout the year, except in August, although sometimes an ad hoc meeting will be called in August to discuss planning applications).
Meeting are held at 8.00 p.m. in the Village Hall, Chesham Road, Wigginton.
All meetings are open to members of the public.
There is an opportunity for people to speak or ask questions at the start of every meeting.
Copies of agendas and minutes for recent meetings can be found in the Documents section on this web-site.
Wigginton Parish Council is consulted by Dacorum Borough Council on all applications within Wigginton
The Council’s views are sent to the relevant DBC Planning Officer, who has to consider them when deciding whether or not to grant planning permission.
Controversial cases may be referred to the DBC Development Control Committee.
Wigginton Parish Council has adopted a Communications Plan that sets out how the council aims to inform people about what we do and to actively listen to what parishioners think.
Wigginton Parish Council has adopted the ICO Publication Scheme (April 2008) which tells you clearly what information we hold and where you can get a copy.
Wigginton Parish Council publishes its Annual Report in the form of the Wigginton Oddy newsletter.
Copies of these documents can be found in the Documents section on this web-site.
Financial information (as required by the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities 2015) can be found in the Documents section of this web-site. by following the links below:
The Parish Council is custodian trustee of Wigginton Village Hall. The hall is run by the Wigginton Village Hall Management Commitee. Information about the hall and booking contacts can be found at
For information about other local community groups and news of events, see the community website at
Wigginton is in the borough of Dacorum. The Dacorum Borough Councillor Wigginton and Aldbury is Stan Mills, Tel:01442 826003
The Dacorum Borough Council website is at
The Hertfordshire County Council member responsible for Wigginton is Nick Hollinghurst, Tel: 01442 866650. The Hertfordshire County Council website is at
Problems with streetlights, potholes and other highway faults can be reported on-line to Hertfordshire Highways or by telephoning the fault line on 03001234047, while dumped rubbish or fly-tipping can be reported to Dacorum Borough Council.
Wigginton is in the Parliamentary Constituency of South West Hertfordshire. David Gauke is the current MP and his web-site can be found at
Community Cars is a scheme that helps get people to hospital appointments for a small fee when they are unable to drive. If you would like to use the scheme, call 01442 212888 for further details or to book a lift. Their website is at
The Local Directory showcases the best of what Wigginton Parish has to offer. From a cool beer in the pub to a meeting of the WI, you can find out what’s available here.
It is a list of local businesses, groups and clubs and how to get in touch. It is complimented by our Parish Calendar, which let’s you know what’s happening and when so you don’t miss the Big Lunch or a Gardener’s Association meeting again!
Just click on the link to download it.
If you would like to list your business, group or club in the directory or have an event or meeting you would like listed on the calendar please get in touch with the Parish Clerk.